Visit a live tea auction in Colombo and learn how this simple product turns into an internationally traded commodity. In the evening, enjoy a welcome reception and dinner and prepare for a journey of discovery.
Depart Colombo early and travel to the ancient cultural capital of Kandy. Learn the history of Ceylon Tea at the Botanical Gardens from Sri Lanka’s most prominent tea experts. Tea tasting is followed by an afternoon visit to Taylor Hills, made famous by James Taylor who brought commercial tea cultivation to Ceylon. Hike through the meandering hills as you taste exquisite tea throughout your journey.
Welcome to Nuwara Eliya “Little England”, a city nestled in the Hill Country of Sri Lanka. Experience traditional tea culture as you explore the colonial architecture of this historic and charming town. Plan a hike to Horton’s Plains (World’s End) and observe traditional tea cultivation as your traverse through meandering tea trails.
Rejoice and rejuvenate in the quaint and vibrant historical city of Galle. Using Galle as our base, guests will taste and learn about one of the most exclusive teas in the world. Auctioning at close to $1,000 per kilo, Sliver Tip White Tea is a pleasure on the all of the senses. Visiting the Virgin White Tea Plantation, guests will have the opportunity to learn from those who cultivate this exotic commodity and discover what is truly behind the extraordinary cost.
- All overland transfers with private chauffeurs
- All domestic flights as part of selected itinerary
- All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary
- All meals listed within the itinerary including daily breakfast
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy, including breakfast, service charge, and tax
What’s Not Included:
- International flights and domestic flights not part of selected itinerary
- Applicable Tourist Visas
- Travel, health, and trip cancellation insurance
- Gratuities for guides and chauffeurs
- Personal expenses