Days One & Two
Explore Colombo’s National Museum with leading experts in anthropology, history, and art. Stroll down lively Galle Street and experience first-hand the distinct dichotomy between the old and new Colombo and its path toward integration into the global economy.
Days Three & Four
Sitting high above the city, discover Trincomaleee’s famous Koneswaram Temple, first built around 205 BC and fought over for centuries, pilgrims flock to the Kovil to pray to the god Shiva at one of the nine most sacred sites in the world for Hindus.
While not exploring the cultural heritage of the city enjoy Trincomalee’s famous white sand beaches and abundant marine life. From May-October migratory Blue and Sperm Whales traverse through the aqua blue waters coastal waters and offer guests unparalleled contact with such incredibly majestic species.
Days Five, Six & Seven
Closed off for over 40 years due to civil conflict, Jaffna is just beginning to welcome travelers into its incredible mixture of culture, food, and history. Stroll through the old Dutch fort as you listen to local professors from Jaffna University. In the afternoon meet with the Imam of the Grand Mosque to learn about the city’s Muslim and Islamic traditions.
As we follow the road east, we come to the city of Kilinochchi, the one-time capital of the Tamil LTTE opposition group. Bear witness to the historical conflict from the perspective of both sides and learn how ex-Tamil fighters are reintegrated into Sri Lankan society.
As we travel deeper into Sri Lanka, we examine the rich integration of Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, and Christian communities that call Sri Lanka home. Explore ancient Theravada Buddhist ruins in the morning and in the afternoon, meet the Imam of the Grand Mosque for tea.
- All overland transfers with private chauffeurs
- All domestic flights as part of selected itinerary
- All admission fees and activity expenses as noted in the itinerary
- All meals listed within the itinerary including daily breakfast
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy, including breakfast, service charge, and tax
- International flights and domestic flights not part of selected itinerary
- Applicable Tourist Visas
- Travel, health, and trip cancellation insurance
- Gratuities for guides and chauffeurs
- Personal expenses